Oklahoma Foster Youth Matters

It is important to know your rights!

If you are in DHS' custody or a foster child in Oklahoma you have rights that are protected by law.

Foster Child Statement of Rights

If you feel your rights have been violated do the following:

First talk with your caseworker, they are your ally and are there to help you with any issue you might be having.

If that has been unsuccessful or you are uncomfortable in doing this, please fill out the following questionnaire:

File a Grievance

Who can file a complaint?

Any Child Served by Child Welfare Services.

ANYONE can file on behalf of a child including parents, foster parents, family, CASA, attorney, teacher, etc.

Anyone who knows and cares about this child and their well-being.

Not sure your rights have been violated or just want to talk through your situation?

You are welcome to talk with our Youth Advocate at any time by calling 1-405-982-3842.

If you are having a problem with an employee of DHS, someone, or something relating to the facility that you are currently living in, we are here to help!

Photo by Vita Marija Murenaite on Unsplash